Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich

Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich
Breakfast foods are some of my favorites.   They are easy, quick, and appetizing.  Today's recipe is easy, quick and very tasty.  It is similar to a biscuit breakfast sandwich but jazzed up a bit.

The original recipe stated to use biscuits but I had some Pretzel slider buns on hand so I used them.  I started by butter toasting the buns.  Butter toasted buns make everything better. On the bottom half of the buns you spread some Pimiento Cheese.  You can find a recipe for some delicious Pimiento Cheese Spread here.  The other half of the bun is spread with some pepper jelly.  I love Pepper jelly.    Spoon some scrambled eggs on the bottom, cover with the top and you have a wonderful breakfast.

Eat at home or on the run.  To me that is a big plus with a family always in a rush to get going in the morning.


Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich
Adapted From Family Circle Magazine

Ingredients:

4 Pretzel Slider Buns, split and toasted (toasting is optional) or 4 warm split biscuits
4 eggs
2 tablespoons half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
8 tablespoons Pimiento Cheese Spread
4 teaspoons Pepper Jelly

Instructions:

1. Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.  Stir in the eggs and cook until just scrambled.
3. Spread  the bottom halves of the buns or biscuits with 2 tablespoons of the Pimiento Cheese spread.


4. Spread the tops of the buns or biscuits with 1 teaspoon Pepper Jelly.
5. Spoon the eggs on the bottom halves and cover with the top halves.

Makes 4 servings.





3 comments:

  1. Breakfast is my very best favorite meal of the day, Geraldine. You already know I adore the Pimiento Cheese Spread but what little birdie told you about my love for Pepper Jelly, lol...I do believe you made breakfast just for me! Thanks Geraldine, it looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the kind of breakfast I totally love too, Geraldine.

    ReplyDelete