|Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich|
The original recipe stated to use biscuits but I had some Pretzel slider buns on hand so I used them. I started by butter toasting the buns. Butter toasted buns make everything better. On the bottom half of the buns you spread some Pimiento Cheese. You can find a recipe for some delicious Pimiento Cheese Spread here. The other half of the bun is spread with some pepper jelly. I love Pepper jelly. Spoon some scrambled eggs on the bottom, cover with the top and you have a wonderful breakfast.
Eat at home or on the run. To me that is a big plus with a family always in a rush to get going in the morning.
Pretzel Bun Breakfast Sandwich
Adapted From Family Circle Magazine
4 Pretzel Slider Buns, split and toasted (toasting is optional) or 4 warm split biscuits
2 tablespoons half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
8 tablespoons Pimiento Cheese Spread
4 teaspoons Pepper Jelly
1. Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the eggs and cook until just scrambled.
3. Spread the bottom halves of the buns or biscuits with 2 tablespoons of the Pimiento Cheese spread.
4. Spread the tops of the buns or biscuits with 1 teaspoon Pepper Jelly.
5. Spoon the eggs on the bottom halves and cover with the top halves.
Makes 4 servings.