Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Salmon Patties


I remember eating Salmon Patties as I was growing up.  I haven't made them as much for my family as my mom did.  I don't know why, we all like them.  They are also very easy to make and quick.    Most of the ingredients you can find in your pantry.

I start by combining two cans of salmon with some minced garlic, spices, a beaten egg, and some breadcrumbs.  Mix them all together and form into patties.  Heat some oil in a skillet and fry the patties until they are golden brown.  Flip and repeat.

The patties are ready to serve.  I usually serve mine with a veggie and some rice.  I garnish with a lemon slice.  My older son likes to treat them like a salmon burger.   To his bun he adds some tarter sauce and some lettuce.  Which way you eat them it doesn't matter, they are delicious:)




Salmon Patties
Ingredients:
2 (6 ounce) cans salmon, undrained and flaked
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 egg slightly beaten
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
1. In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients together, except the oil.
2. Form the salmon mixture into 6 patties.
3. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.  Cook the patties until browned on both sides.

Serves 6



1 comment:

  1. I love fish patties and let alone when made with my favourite SALMON. These look so good, Geraldine.

    ReplyDelete