Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Dulce de Leche Brownies


Wow I don't remember the last time I ate a brownie sooo delicious.     It is hard to believe something that tastes so good is so simple to make.  It was my turn to make dessert for our church volunteer group.  The main dish was Tacos so I decided some nice Dulce de Leche Brownies were in order.  Instead of making the Dulce de Leche and the brownie mix from scratch, I did a very semi homemade brownie.

I started by buying my favorite brownie mix - Duncan Hines Double Decadent Brownie Mix and a can of Dulce de Leche.  That is it.  Two main ingredients for  a  slightly chewy delicious brownie with the goodness of Dulce de Leche.


I prepared the brownie mix using the instructions for cake like brownies.  I spread half the batter in an 8x8-inch baking dish that was lined with foil that was lightly sprayed.   Next, I dropped spoonfuls of the Dulce de Leche on top of the batter and made swirly design patterns in the brownies  using a knife.  I then spread the remaining brownie batter over the swirled batter.  I then repeated the process with the Dulce de leche.









I baked the brownies according to package directions and let them cool.

Of course the family had to sample the brownies and all agreed they were delicious.

Dulce de Leche Brownies

Ingredients:

1 box of  Duncan Hines Double Decadent Brownie Mix or your favorite brownie mix
1 cup of Dulce de Leche
Ingredients on back of brownie box for cake like brownies

Directions:

1. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with foil.  Spray lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions following instructions for cake like brownies.
3. Spread half of the brownie batter in the prepared pan.
4. Drop by spoonfuls half of the Dulce de leche on top of the brownie batter.   Using a knife make swirly patterns through the Dulce de leche and brownie batter.
5. Spread the remaining batter over the top of the first layer.  Repeat with the remaining Dulce de Leche.
6.  Bake according to package directions.  Remove from oven and cool.  Cut into 16 squares.

Makes 16 brownies






6 comments:

  1. What A GREAT idea, Geraldine. Easy peasy and oh so delicious, I'm sure! I would have sampled a taste for you gladly! I better Pin this for the next time I get a craving:) Thanks so much for sharing...

    P.S. Will you be joining us for the Picnic Game???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geraldine!
      I'm soooooo happy you will be joining us for the Picnic Game. The letter W is all yours!!!

      Delete
  2. Dulce de leche and chocolate...a great combination! This must have tasted heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm those brownies look sooooo good! Fantastic recipe :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds totally delicious! Probably would work with any brownie recipe?

    ReplyDelete