Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Swedish Meatballs


IKEA.  I love making a day of it at IKEA.  Shopping, eating, and some more shopping.  Did you notice I mentioned eating?  I love eating  Swedish Meatballs at IKEA.  They are so flavorful and the sauce is delicious with the Lingonberry jelly.

Imagine my delight when I found this tasty recipe from "Simply Recipes" for Swedish Meatballs.  In reviewing the recipe for these delectable bites, my mouth started watering.  I loved the spices that went into the meatballs - cardamom, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.  I love cardamom.  The sauce starts with a classic roux and then some heated beef stock is added to the roux.  To the sauce you add the browned meatballs and cook for about 10 minutes.  Remove the meatballs from the pan and add sour cream to the sauce and some Lingonberry jelly - mmm.  The Lingonberry jelly makes the sauce.

Serve the meatballs.  I made some buttered noodles to ladle the meatballs over.  Sprinkle some chopped parley on top.  This was an easy and delicious family meal.  You can find the recipe for Swedish Meatballs here.



3 comments:

  1. Swedish meatballs are one of IKEA's attractions, ain't they? These meatballs look mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Geraldine, I love Swedish meatballs and so do all my family members - they are crazy about them. Your version looks absolutely wonderful - I love that lovely blue and white plate with flowers that you presented them on! Just perfect! And you are right about the lovely spices that are always part of the lovely sauce, simply delicious!
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound as excited about IKEA's food and of course shopping as much as my daughter does, Geraldine, lol...I must show her this recipe. She will flip!!! Thanks so much for sharing, Geraldine...

    ReplyDelete