Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bars


The other day at Costco I bought a bag of Coconut Flour.  It sounded interesting  and seemed like an ingredient I wanted  to experiment with. When I got home, I started reading about Coconut flour.  I was amazed at how many recipes there are out there using Coconut flour in baking.

I decided to try making Pumpkin bars.   With Thanksgiving coming up,  I thought this was the perfect recipe to try.  It was so easy to make and required little preparation time.

All of the ingredients are mixed together in a bowl until smooth.  Then the batter is transferred to a greased baking dish.  Smooth out the batter and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40-45 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let the bars cool.


The  recipe stated the bars tasted like pumpkin pie filling and they did.  Very moist and flavorful.  Did I mention the house smelled wonderful?  It did.  I am definitely going to make these again for the Thanksgiving holiday.  One of my favorite Gluten Free recipes.




Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bars
From Detoxinista

Prep time:  10 mins Cook time:  45 mins Total time:  55 mins

Ingredients:

15 oz. pumpkin puree (about 1½ cups)
¾ cup coconut flour
¾ cup maple syrup
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
butter or coconut oil, for greasing the pan
Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9"x9" baking dish well with butter or coconut oil. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir well until no clumps remain. Transfer the batter to the greased baking dish, and use a spatula to smooth the top.
Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is firm.
Allow to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve. Store in in the fridge for up to a week.

Serves: 12




1 comment:

  1. I am nuts about anything with coconut! These pumpkin bars look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete