Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Uncle Jack's Mac-And-Cheese


Another great meal from my crockpot.  Today's recipe is a classic comfort food enjoyed by almost everyone; Mac-And-Cheese.   I just love this comfort food.  Pasta in a delicious creamy cheese sauce with the sauce coating the pasta in every delicious bite.  Mmm wonderful.


This Mac-And-Cheese recipe is cooked in a crockpot.  I combined all of the ingredients - elbow macaroni, heavy cream, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.  I sprayed my crock lightly with some cooking spray and then I poured the ingredients into the crock.  Topped the macaroni with the reserved cheese and set the crockpot on high for 3 hours.  I then reduced the crockpot to low for 1 hour.

The Mac-And- Cheese was done:)  It was rich and creamy but the cheese sauce was not too runny.  The crust on the sides of the pasta was slightly chewy but not tough.  All said this was a delicious dinner or side for your family and friends.  This recipe makes 8-10 servings.  


Uncle Jack's Mac-And-Cheese
From Southern Living Magazine


Ingredients:
1 (16-oz.) package elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 cups (16 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
Vegetable cooking spray

Preparation:
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Stir together cream, next 5 ingredients, cooked macaroni, and 2 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl.

2. Pour macaroni mixture into a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese over macaroni mixture.

3. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours; reduce slow cooker to LOW, and cook 1 hour.


Makes 8-10 servings


3 comments:

  1. I just left here and then you post another great recipe, so I'm back! It looks great! I've never made mac and cheese in the crockpot and somehow missed this recipe in SL. I'm off to the kitchen now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't had mac and cheese in a while...this looks really inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mac N Cheese in the crock??? What rock have I been sleeping under? Love this Geraldine!!! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete