Guacamole deviled eggs. A delicious way to gobble up the Easter Eggs that may be in your fridge next week. Rich and buttery in flavor with just a hint of southwestern flavor. To make these eggs you start by cutting hard boiled eggs in half. Remove the yolks and set aside. Next you make some Guacamole. Avocados are smashed and mixed with some spices. To this mixture, I added some lime juice, sour cream and two egg yolks.
The Guacamole was then spooned into the egg white halves. I topped mine with a cilantro leaf but you could sprinkle with paprika if you wished. If you have some Guacamole leftover just serve it with some chips.
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
2 ripe avocados
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sour cream
12 fresh cilantro leaves
1. Scooped out the cooked yolks from the hard boiled eggs and set aside.
2. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and place it in a bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork.
3. Add the lime juice, salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and sour cream and stir until mixed.
4. Crumble 2 of the egg yolks into the avocado mixture. Stir gently to mix. Save remaining egg yolks for another use.
5. Spoon the guacamole into the hard boiled egg whites. Top with a cilantro leaf and serve.
Makes 12 halves