Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Golden Oreo Pudding Pops


It is hot here.  My main objective has been to stay cool.  I accomplish this by staying in the nice cool house and drinking plenty of cool beverages and eating Popsicles with the kids.    Yesterday, I made some Golden Oreo Pudding pops - two of my favorites combined in one cool treat.

I remember when Jello Pudding pops came out - I thought they were the greatest.  Fast forward a couple of decades and pudding pops have been kicked up a few notches.  I added some crushed Golden Oreo cookies (yes, I love Golden Oreo cookies) to some vanilla pudding.

Crushed Golden Oreo Cookies

Spooned the mixture into 3-ounce Popsicle molds and froze them for about 6 hours. I used sailboat Popsicle molds that I bought at Costco the other week.  They had  Sailboat molds and the Rocket molds in a combined package.  I think I got 16 molds for around $14.  I love Costco:)  Back to the pops.




When you are ready to eat your pops take the molds out of the freezer and run the molds under warm water.  Gently pry the pops from the mold.   You can leave the remaining pops in their molds, or unmold the remaining pops and place them individually in freezer-safe resealable plastic  bags.  Store the bags in the freezer until you are ready to serve.






These pops were the best.  Cool, refreshing, and great tasting:)


Golden Oreo Pudding Pops

Special Equipment: 10 (3-ounce) Popsicle molds

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups cold milk
1 (3.5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1 cup Golden Oreo cookies (about 9), crushed

Directions:
1. Whisk together the milk and pudding mix for about 2 minutes or until thickened.



Stir in the crushed Oreo cookies.






2. Spoon the mixture into the individual molds.  Place top o the molds.
3. Place molds in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
4. Remove pops from the mold when ready to serve.

To Unmold Pops: Run the mold under warm water.  Gently pry the pops from the molds.

 Makes 10 pops




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I need to get some golden oreo to try too.

    ReplyDelete