Stuffed Shells. So delicious and so easy to make. Serve with some crusty bread, a salad and you have a delicious easy meal for your family. I make my Stuffed Shells in my crock pot.
I start by spraying the crock very lightly with some cooking spray. I then poured some sauce into the pot - enough to cover the bottom of the pot.
|Sauce Covering Bottom of Crock Pot|
I cooked the pasta shells according to the package directions. I then drained the shells, ran them under some cold water and placed them on a piece of foil that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. This kept the shells from sticking together.
|Shells Cooling On Lightly Sprayed Foil|
Next, pasta shells which are stuffed with a creamy ricotta filling are placed face down upon the sauce.
|Creamy Ricotta Filling|
|Stuffed Shells Layered on Sauce Face Sown|
The shells are then covered with some sauce followed by sprinklings of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
|Shells Topped With Sauce|
|Topped With Cheeses|
The remaining shells are layered on the cheese followed by the remaining sauce and cheeses.
|Topped With Sauce|
Cook on low for 4 hours. Spoon the shells onto serving plates and top with some minced parsley.
This recipe makes 8 servings and is very easy to make.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Shells
Special Equipment: Large Oval Crock pot
8 ounces jumbo pasta shells
30 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
12 leaves fresh basil, cut into chiffonade
1 large egg
40 ounces marinara sauce
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
Minced parsley for garnish
1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place shells on a piece of foil that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, egg, some salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
3. Spray your crock pot lightly with some cooking spray. Pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of the crock pot.
4. Fill each shell with the cheese mixture and place face-down on the sauce until the bottom of the crock pot is covered.
5. Cover the shells with sauce, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan.
6. Place the remaining shells face down on the cheese layer. Top with remaining sauce and cheeses.
7. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve and top with some minced parsley.
Makes 8 servings