Wednesday, June 8, 2016
One-Pan Dinner: Halibut with Potatoes and Corn
The original recipe calls for sing 12 ounces andouille sausage and red potatoes. I modified the recipe by using Yukon gold potatoes and no sausage.
This dish is prepared in the oven using a large baking sheet. First you roast in a hot oven 500 degrees F. the corn and potatoes. Roast them for about 20 minutes. Once the veggies are done, your remove the corn from the baking sheet and add your halibut. Reduce your oven temperature to 425 degrees F and bake for about 10 minutes or until your fish registers 130 degrees.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve. I especially loved the potatoes in this recipe. They skins were crispy and flavorful. The corn and fish had a very nice flavor. The Old Bay butter added extra flavor and made the meal. This was a very easy dinner to prepare and a delicious one.
One-Pan Dinner: Halibut With Potatoes and Corn
From Cook's Country Adapted Slightly by From My Southwest Kitchen
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 (6-8 ounce) center-cut skinless halibut fillets, 1 inch thick
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, halved lengthwise
4 ears corn, husk and silk removed, cut into thirds
1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 500 degrees F. Combine butter, Old Bay, and lemon juice in a bowl; set aside. Pat halibut dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper; refrigerate until needed.
2. Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil. Toss potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl. Arrange potatoes cut side down on half of sheet. Toss corn, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper together in now-empty bowl. Arrange corn on empty side of sheet.
3. Roast until potatoes are lightly browned and corn kernels are plump, 20-22 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through roasting.
4. Remove sheet from oven, transfer corn and 2tablespoons Old Bay butter to medium bowl and toss to combine. Cover bowl tightly with aluminum foil and set aside. Arrange halibut fillets evenly on now-empty side of sheet.
5. Return sheet to oven and reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Roast until center of fillets registers 130 degrees and flesh is just opaque when checked with tip of paring knife, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through roasting.
6. Transfer halibut to a serving platter. Portion remaining 2 tablespoons Old Bay butter evenly over halibut. Transfer potatoes and corn to platter with halibut. Serve