Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Turmeric and Ginger Latte

According to Google Food Trends Report, turmeric is a rising star.   Why is this?   Is it because of its' peppery, warm and somewhat biter taste that brings flavor to your dishes? Turmeric also known as Curcuma longa has been used for years in  food.  It is mostly used in savory dishes. You have probably used turmeric in your curry recipes.

Do a search on the internet and you will find numerous health benefits of consuming turmeric.  
1.Turmeric increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.  Antioxidants are beneficial because they protect our bodies from free radicals. 
2.Turmeric relieves arthritis
3. Controls Diabetes
4. Reduces Cholesterol level
5. Immunity Booster
6. Heals Wound

I have noticed recently a lot of recipes for making  a Turmeric Latte.  I tried a few and could not find one exactly to my liking.   Some used too much turmeric,  others used flavors that I did not like, or some just had a flat taste.  Below is a recipe I came up with I feel is nutritious and has a great flavor.


Turmeric and Ginger Latte
Ingredients:
1 cup cashew milk
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Ice cubes
Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a 2 cup capacity measuring cup.  Let sit for 5 minutes so the flavors can blend together.
2. Put some ice in an 8-ounce glass.  Pour the turmeric mixture over the ice.  Serve.
Serves 1   

 

2 comments:

  1. I totally love turmeric and ginger! This must be very tasty using cashew milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting! I don't believe I have ever included tumeric in a recipe and am intrigued after reading this. Love your watermelon placemat!

    ReplyDelete