Tuesday, July 12, 2016
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
10 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 (15-ounce) can enchilada sauce
Sour Cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot place a tortilla in the pan. Cook for about 3 seconds and turn. Cook for another 2-3 seconds. Lift the tortillas with a spatula and place another tortilla underneath. Cook the tortilla for 2-3 seconds. Lift both tortillas with the spatula and add another tortilla underneath. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Add more oil if necessary.
2. When all the tortillas are cooked, place them on a plate lined with a paper towel.
3. Spread a small layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Take a corn tortilla and cover about 2/3 of it with cheese. Roll up the tortillas and place in the baking dish. Repeat until all of the tortillas are rolled up.
4. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the enchiladas.
5. Cover the enchiladas with foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
6. Remove the enchiladas from the oven and garnish with sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Makes 5-10 servings