Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Grilled Parsley Lime Chicken



This is one of my favorite grilled chicken recipes.  I found this recipe on Simply Recipes website.  Instead of using cilantro, I used parsley.  I did not have any cilantro in the fridge and I did not feel like going to the store.  Besides, parsley is a cousin to cilantro.

I flattened my chicken breasts - I find they grill much better that way and placed them in a lime marinade.  The marinade consisted of lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, parsley, and spices.  I let them marinate in the fridge for about 7 hours.

When I was ready to grill the breasts, I removed them from the fridge and preheated the grill.  Before placing the chicken on the grill I rubbed some olive oil on them.   I placed the chicken breasts on the hot grill and grilled them on each side for a few minutes.  Be sure the breasts are cooked through before serving.

The chicken was delicious. It had a nice lime zing to it - not too overpowering just right.  The family really liked this recipe.  Will be making this recipe again, I am sure.

Grilled Parsley Lime Chicken
From Simply Recipes Adapted Very Slightly From My Southwest Kitchen

 Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
Grated lime zest from 2 limes
Juice of 2 limes
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Olive oil

Directions:
1. Flatten the chicken breasts with a mallet (I used the flat side) between two pieces of plastic wrap.  Be sure the breasts are an even thickness.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, parsley, sugar, salt, and black pepper.
3. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl, flipping to be sure both sides are coated with the marinade.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.   Place in the fridge for 4 or more hours.

4. Remove the chicken breasts from the fridge. Preheat the grill on medium high heat.
5. Remove the breast from the  marinade and pat dry with paper towels.  Brush some olive oil on both sides of the breasts.
6.  Place the breasts on the hot grill and cook for a few minutes before turning over.   Cook a few minutes more on the other side.   Be sure the chicken is cooked through before serving.

Serves 4

1 comment:

  1. Great flavour, Geraldine. I eat lots of chicken breast, but very often just with paprika, salt and pepper. Must try this soon.

    ReplyDelete