Hot Maple Apple Cider
10 whole cloves
1- (64 ounce) bottle apple cider
1 ginger tea bag
2 cinnamon sticks
1 star anise
1/3-cup pure maple syrup
1. Stud the orange with the whole cloves. Set aside.
2. Pour the apple cider into a large stockpot. Add the orange, ginger tea bag, cinnamon sticks, and star anise.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 60 minutes.
4. Remove the cider from the heat and add the maple syrup. Stir until the syrup is dissolved. Taste and add more syrup if needed.
5. Ladle the cider into mugs and top with whipped cream and ground nutmeg.
Makes 8 servings