This snack mix has some of my favorite tastes of fall - apple cider, maple syrup, candy corn, and dried cranberries. I make it for snacking, lunches, fall parties, movie nights, just about anytime. It has a sweet crisp flavor with a hint of apple.
Autumn Crunch Snack Mix
2 cups Wheat Chex
2 cups Corn Chex
2 cups stick pretzels
1-cup corn nuts
1- cup mixed nuts
½ cup butter
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 package (.74 ounce) Spiced Apple Cider Mix
¼ cup maple syrup
1-cup candy corn
1- cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Toss together the Wheat Chex, Corn Chex, stick pretzels, corn nuts, and mixed nuts in a large mixing bow. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Once butter has melted, stir in the brown sugar, Spiced Cider Mix, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil.
5. Boil the syrup mixture for 3 minutes (4 minutes for high altitude) stirring frequently.
6. Pour the syrup gradually over the Chex mixture stirring until the mix is well coated.
7. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
9. Remove mix from oven and let cool.
10. Transfer to a bowl and toss with the candy corn and dried cranberries.
11. Store in an airtight container.