Monday, January 9, 2017
Crock Pot Hearty Beef and Pasta Soup
So on your next busy day or when you just want to have a day for yourself bring out the crock pot and enjoy a bowl of this soup.
Crock Pot Hearty Beef And Pasta Soup
From Slow Cooker Kitchen Adapted Slightly From My Southwest Kitchen
Special Equipment: Crock pot 6-quart
1 pound lean ground beef
2 whole carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (14.5 - ounce ) cans beef broth
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney bean, drained and rinsed
1 cup dry ditalini pasta
Fresh Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet brown ground beef and drain fat. Add the ground beef to the crock pot. Stir well.
2. Add the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, tomatoes, beef broth, oregano, and basil to the crock pot.
3. Cover the crock pot and cook soup on low for 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
4. About 30 minutes before serving time taste and season the soup with salt and pepper. Add the beans and pasta. Stir well and cover the crock pot. Cook for 30 minutes.
5. Check pasta for doneness after 30 minutes. If needed, cook a few minutes more.
6. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top.