You begin by placing some oil in your Instant Pot and place on the sauté setting. Cook some garlic and ginger for about 1 minute. Add some hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, scallion white and cayenne. Stir well and then add the beef. I turned my beef so both side could be coated with the sauce.
Set your Instant Pot on high pressure and cook for 35 minutes. Once the ribs are cooked naturally release the pressure for about 15 minutes. Vent the remaining pressure and transfer ribs to a platter and tent with foil. Strain the sauce and return to the Instant Pot. Set on sauté and add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce. Bring to a boil and cook for about 1 minute. Pour the sauce in a small bowl.
Serve the ribs with the sauce, rice and top with the scallion greens if desired.
Asian Boneless Short Ribs
From Copycat Recipes Adapted Slightly by From My Southwest Kitchen
Special Equipment: Instant Pot or Other Electric Pressure Cooker
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled, sliced into 1/4" thick rounds
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 scallions, white parts coarsely chopped, green parts thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 (8 ounce) boneless beef short ribs, trimmed
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons water
1. Set the Instant Pot to the Sauté setting. Add the oil to the pot. Heat for about 1 minute and the add the garlic and the ginger. Sauté for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, scallion whites, and the cayenne pepper.
2. Place the short ribs in the sauce and turn to coat both sides. Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Be sure the valve is set to the Sealing setting. Set the pressure on high and cook for 35 minutes.
3. Naturally release the pressure for about 15 minutes. Move the valve to venting position to release the remaining pressure. Once the pressure is released carefully open the lid away from you.
4. Remove the ribs and place on a platter. Tent with foil. Strain the sauce and return to the pot. Place Instant Pot on Sauté setting.
5. Place the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Mix well and gradually add to the pot. Stir until the mixture comes to a boil Cook for 1 minute. Pour the sauce in a small bowl and serve with the ribs.
6. Place some rice on a plate. Top with a rib and some sauce. Sprinkle with scallion tops.
Makes 6 servings