As I mentioned earlier, everything is cooked in one pan. You start by heating up some oil and butter and adding the onions, garlic and pasta. Cook until the onions are tender and the pasta is slightly golden. Next stir in the chicken broth, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Next you add the shrimp and some lemon juice, cover and cook until the shrimp are cooked. Remove the lid, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and serve.
The pasta had a wonderful flavor and the shrimp were tender and flavorful. The dish had a nice refreshing flavor from the lemon juice. This meal was a family favorite. It is in my file of recipes to make again and again and again.
20 Minute One Pan Shrimp and Orzo Dinner
From Laughing Spatula Modified Slightly by From My Southwest Kitchen
1 pound medium shrimp - thawed if frozen
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic - minced
1 cup uncooked Orzo pasta
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 fresh lemon cut in half - divided
1. Heat large skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add butter and olive oil. Heat until butter is melted.
3. Add onion, garlic and orzo to the skillet.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is translucent and orzo is slightly toasted.
5. Add chicken broth and parsley flakes. Stir.
6. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until orzo is soft and just a small amount of liquid remains in the pan.
7. Toss in the shrimp and the juice from one of the lemon halves. Stir.
8. Cover and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
9. Cut the remaining lemon half into slices. Garnish the Shrimp and Pasta with the lemon slices and grated Parmesan cheese.