This recipe is very easy to make. Start by washing a spaghetti squash. Poke it a few times with a fork and cook on high in a crockpot for 3 hours with a cup of water. When the squash is done, scoop the spaghetti out. In a bowl combine some bacon, peas, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix it well with the squash and place back in the crockpot for about 45 minutes. After about 20 minutes, stir in the Parmesan cheese and cook for the remaining 25 minutes. When done, serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
This is a delicious side dish or a main dish. Enjoy.
Creamy Spaghetti Squash With Peas and Bacon
From Cooktop Cove
Special Equipment: Crockpot
1 (about 5 pounds) spaghetti squash
1 cup water
5 slices of bacon - diced
2 cups fresh or frozen petite peas
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered Parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
1. Clean squash and poke with a fork throughout the skin. Place the spaghetti squash and the cup of water in the crock pot. Cover and set on high and cook for 3 hours.
2. Add the bacon to a skillet and cook until soft. Set aside.
3. Remove the squash from the crockpot when it is cooked. Cut open with a knife lengthwise. Carefully remove the seeds. Scoop out the spaghetti strands. Place the squash back in the crockpot.
4. Stir together the bacon, peas, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add to the crockpot. Stir and mix well.
5. Cover and cook for 20 minutes on high. Add the Parmesan cheese, stir, cover and cook for another 25 minutes. Serve and top with additional cheese if desired.
Serves 6 main servings