Another great Instant Pot recipe. As I have said before I love my Instant Pot. It cooks food quickly and is so easy to use. This recipe for Mississippi Chicken cooks under 15 minutes and the result is delicious. Tender bites of chicken cooked in a flavorful sauce of Pepperoncini peppers and their juices, chicken broth, butter, Ranch Dressing mix, and Au Jus Gravy mix.
You can serve with rice and some veggies or make yourself a delicious Chicken Sandwich on a butter toasted bun.
Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
From Simply Happy Foodie Adapted Slightly From My Southwest Kitchen
2-3 lbs Chicken Breasts (Boneless/skinless. Fresh or frozen. Cut breasts in half, if possible)
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 16oz jar Pepperoncini peppers (with juice)
(1) 1oz packet Au Jus Mix
(1) 1oz packet Ranch Dressing/Seasoning Mix
1/2 stick Butter (4 Tbsp) or more to taste
1. Put chicken in the bottom of the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
2. Add all of the other ingredients and close the lid and lock it in place. Turn the steam release knob to the sealing position.
3. Select the Poultry setting on your Instant Pot. If you do not have a Poultry setting press the Pressure Cook/Manual Button (or use dial) and use the + or - button to select 10 minutes (if using frozen breasts that you can't cut in half, set time to 15 minutes).
4.When the cook time is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 5 minutes (5 minute Natural Release). Then turn the steam release knob to the Venting position to Quick Release the remaining steam/pressure.
5. Carefully open the lid away from you. Remove the chicken breasts and shred. Return the shredded chicken to the sauce and stir well. Serve.