Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Asparagus and Bits of Bacon

Fresh asparagus to me  means spring is here. I love the crispness and flavor of fresh asparagus.    I was excited  our assignment this week  for "French Fridays With Dorie" was an asparagus recipe. Fresh asparagus are cooked until just tender in boiling salt water.  They are drained and tossed in a dressing made of walnut oil and fresh lemon juice.  You then season them with salt and pepper.  Finally, you add bacon bits and onions ( I left out the onions and added more bacon) to the asparagus.  The result was  a quick, healthy and delicious veggie.  This recipe was excellent - I am going make it as a  side dish  for our Easter dinner.  This recipe can be found on page 330 in "Around My French Table."





Cooking in Boiling Salt Water







4 comments:

  1. So perfect for Easter! Glad you enjoyed this one. Happy Good Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a Happy Good Friday and a Glorious Easter:)

      Delete
  2. This would be perfect for Easter! Hope you have a fabulous holiday, Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a good one for the baking group as far as I am concerned. Nothing like fresh asparagus to add a little springtime to the plate-yum! Enjoy your Easter holiday!

    ReplyDelete