From Southern Living Magazine
4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 large eggs
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons butter
1. Process the fresh sliced strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
4. Gradually whisk in strawberry puree and the fresh lime juice.
5. Whisk in the eggs and eggs yolks.
6. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, and cook, whisking constantly 1 minute.
7. Remove from heat, and whisk in the butter.
8. Place plastic wrap directly on warm curd (to prevent a film from forming).
9. Chill 8 hours. Serve with hot biscuits, muffins, scones, toast, or use as a filling for tart shells.
Makes about 7 cups