Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins


Today, I am sharing a recipe I found on the website Simply Recipes  "Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins." What intrigued me about this recipe was macerating the fresh strawberries in balsamic vinegar and the use of black pepper.  In doing some web investigation, I found that balsamic vinegar and black pepper intensifies the flavor of the strawberries and brings out their sweetness.

The use of oatmeal and yogurt in the batter was another plus for this recipe.  Oats add fiber and a nice chewy texture to baked goods.  Yogurt is a great fat replacement in baking.  It is packed with protein and calcium.

Now for the taste. The Strawberry Oatmeal muffins were moist and chewy with just a hint of spiciness.  In a word, delicious:)  This is a recipe I am going to be making over and over.

Click on the link above for the recipe.


Strawberries With Sugar and Balsamic Vinegar



Oatmeal Yogurt Mixture




Dry Ingredients

Eggs, Melted Butter, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Oatmeal Mixture

Flour Added to Oatmeal Mixture

Strawberries Folded in Batter

Ready for Oven

Out of Oven





5 comments:

  1. I love muffins. I am so excited that strawberries are finally in season and available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I have seen many a recipe including balsamic strawberries, I really had not tasted them. However, now I have learned what balsamic with some pepper does to strawberries, which is a good thing! I think that strawberries because they are so large now are not near as sweet as they were when I was little.
    Your muffins do look tasty and I like this has some oatey goodness along with the strawberries -yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks great! Yogurt is so great in baking, I really like the moisture and the flavor it imparts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s almost strawberry picking time here in NJ…I will have to keep these on my radar!! They sound great and look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got great recipes on your blog also I loved the Santa Fe Market felt like I have taken the tour :).... great work !

    ReplyDelete