Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Avocado-Banana Smoothie

Avocado-Banana Smoothie
My kids are in the middle of finals.  Only two more days to go and they will be done.  I try to make healthy meals and snacks for them.  If they had their way the would live on junk food and Starbucks.  I made them an Avocado-Banana Smoothie for their pick me up the other day.  At first, they were rather hesitant, avocado in a smoothie yeah right.  I told them just to take a sip and if they didn't like it they didn't need to drink any more.  They did try it and seemed to like it because when I went to clean up, the blender was empty.  I am glad I poured myself a glass and did not wait till later.   This was a very good smoothie and my first one with avocado.  It had a nice rich creamy flavor and the avocado and banana combination was perfect.  A  beverage that is nutritious, delicious, and easy.   This is a keeper for me.

Avocado-Banana Smoothie
From Martha Stewart



Ingredients:

1 avocado
1 banana
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice (from 3 oranges)
1/4 cup honey
2 1/2 to 3 cups ice


Directions:

1. In a blender, combine avocado, banana, yogurt, orange juice, honey, and ice.  Blend until smooth.  Serve immediately.

Serves 4



Healthy and Delicious



4 comments:

  1. Great looking smoothie! Definitely will have to give this a try :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geraldine, what a lovingly prepared healthy drink for your children - avocados and bananas are so very good for you, I am sure that this smoothie was the perfect "drink" to enjoy during exam time!
    Have a wonderful Wenesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is an awesome green smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love adding avocado to my smoothie. makes it so creamy!
    Thanks for sharing your version and thank you for the lovely comment left on my guest post (dulce de leche bars) on Liz's blog

    ReplyDelete