|Sour Cherry Rice Pudding|
Sour Cherry Rice Pudding
From Family Circle
Special Equipment: Slow Cooker
3/4 cup arborio rice, rinsed and drained
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup cherry juice
1 cup dried cherries
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg
1. Combine 1 cup water, rice and evaporated milk in a 2-to-3 quart round slow cooker.
2. In a small saucepan, cook sugar and milk over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until bubbles appear around edges and sugar has dissolved. Stir into slow cooker with salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 1/2 hours.
3. While rice is cooking, bring cherry juice to a boil and pour over cherries in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Drain, reserving juice.
4. Stir cherries, 3 tablespoons of the warm juice, the cinnamon and nutmeg into slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 20 minutes
5. Turn off slow cooker and allow pudding to cool, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Serve.
Makes 4 servings