|Chicken Florentine With Bowtie Pasta|
Chicken Florentine With Bowtie Pasta
12 ounces dry Farfalle pasta (Bowtie)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ¼-1-½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and Pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup dry white wine
8 ounces fresh spinach washed and stems removed
½ cup half-and-half
3 tablespoons heavy cream
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook until they are a golden brown on each side and completely cooked. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
3. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape off any bits. Boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
4. Add spinach and using tongs turn to coat with pan juices. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove spinach and set aside.
5. Add half-and-half, cream whisking until it is combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to season.
6. Remove sauce from the heat. Add Parmesan cheese to the pan. Add the hot pasta and toss. Add the chicken and the spinach and continue tossing until it is combined.
7. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings