|Loaded With Goodies|
My Mom's Muffins
From the Pioneer Woman Cooks Website - modified slightly
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup old fashioned oats - not instant
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspooons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup butermilk
1 whole egg slightly beaten
1 whole banana, peeled and mashed with a fork
1/2 cup canned punpkin
1/4 cup molasses
Extra buttermilk as needed for thinning
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flours, flaxseed, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pecans, and dried cranberries.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until it just barely comes together. Batter should be wet and sticky; if needed, add in a couple extra tablespoons of buttermilk.
5. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
6. Serve with softened butter and jelly.
Makes 12 muffins