|Pumpkin Dump Cake|
The filling consists of pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. The filling is stirred well until every thing is combined. Your pour the filling into a 9x13 inch baking pan. For the topping: Pour a box of yellow cake mix evenly over the filling. Then pecans and toffee bits are sprinkled over the cake mix. You can use walnuts or crushed graham crackers instead of pecans if you wish. You bake the cake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set. The cake can be served with ice cream or whipped cream. I served my plain.
Never have I baked an easier cake. Take it out of the oven, let it cool, and serve. Dessert is ready:) The family enjoyed this and I have put it on the menu for Thanksgiving Day.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
1 (15 - ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 (10 - ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3 eggs (slightly beaten)
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or coarsely crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan lightly with cooking/baking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
4. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the entire box of cake mix on top followed by pecans or graham crackers and the toffee bits.
5. Pour the melted butter evenly on top of the cake. Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned. Cool and serve.