|Roasted Potatoes With Garlic and Thyme|
Roasted Potatoes With Garlic and Thyme
From Williams-Sonoma Thanksgiving & Christmas Kitchen Library
2-2 1/2 pound red potatoes, 1 to 1/2-2 inches in diameter, cut in half crosswise
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 or 5 garlic cloves, cut in half
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons crushed dried thyme
Freshly ground pepper
Chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Fill a large pot three-fourths full with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the potatoes. Bring back to a boil, reduce the heat slightly, cover partially and cook for 5 minutes. Drain well.
3. Arrange the potatoes in a baking dish or baking pan, preferably in a single layer. Drizzle the olive oil over the top, then turn the potatoes over several times so they are well coated with the oil.
4. Sprinkle the garlic over the potatoes. Sprinkle on the thyme and a little salt and pepper.
5. Place in the oven and bake, turning the potatoes over several times, until tender and golden, 20-25 minutes.
6. Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve.