Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

Frito Pie


Who doesn't love Frito Pie?  Delicious crunchy Frito's smothered in Chili and topped with cheese.  This makes a delicious meal at home or  on camp outs. You just need to put some Frito's - I use about a 2/3 of a cup and put them in a bowl.  I then ladle some chili over the Frito's and sprinkle with some cheese.   If you like, you can add some diced onions, sour cream. or black olives.

Frito Pie is a satisfying and comforting meal that is friendly on the budget.


Frito Pie

Ingredients:
1 (9 3/4-ounce) bag of Chili Cheese Frito's
1 recipe Crock Pot Chili
Garnishes:  Shredded cheese,diced onion, sour cream, sliced black olives

Directions:
1. Make the Crock Pot Chili.
2. Place Frito's in a bowl - about 2/3 cup.  Ladle chili over the Frito's and top with garnishes.

Frito's in the bowl
Topped With Cheese
3. Serve.

Makes 6 servings



2 comments:

  1. I have never had a frito pie, but anything with chili, I am IN. It looks very comforting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Geraldine, I cannot say that I have ever heard of a Frito Pie but I must admit to being very intrigued by your recipe and your description!

    ReplyDelete