Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Citrus Iced Green Tea

Ice Tea is very refreshing during the long hot summer days.  I like to try  using different teas, black, white and green in my recipes.   I found this recipe on the web and I made just some very slight modifications to it.  I reduced both the number of tea bags used and the amount of orange juice.

The result was a delicious summer drink that is sure to please everyone.  Enjoy.


Citrus Iced Green Tea
From My Recipes Adapted Slightly by From My Southwest Kitchen

Ingredients:
6 cups of water, divided
1 cup sugar
8 green tea bags
1 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Sprigs of fresh mint for garnish - optional

Directions:
1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.  Remove from heat.
2. Stir in the sugar and keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the tea bags and steep for 5-6 minutes. Remove the tea bags.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients including the remaining 3 cups of water.  Chill and serve.

Makes 8 (1 cup) servings 

1 comment:

  1. Hope you bring this over to Food on Friday - which is just getting under way. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete