In my Garlic n Cheese Mashed Potatoes I put lots of butter, cream and cream cheese. I add some spices to give them extra zing. These mashed potatoes will add pizazz to your meal.
Garlic n Cheese Mashed Potatoes
6 medium Russet potatoes
2 teaspoons salt - divided
3 cloves of garlic peeled
4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
1-cup heavy cream heated
3 ounces cream cheese softened
1-tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Wash and peel potatoes. In a large pot of water place the potatoes, salt and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover the pot and cook until the potatoes are tender about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking cut the cream cheese into bite-size pieces.
3. Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Over low heat, mash the potatoes and garlic cloves with a potatoes masher. Add the butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, onion powder, salt, dried parsley flakes and pepper to the potatoes.
4. Stir the potatoes until the ingredients are incorporated. If the potatoes are too stiff for your taste, add some more heavy cream.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings