After a few minutes, I had the fixings for Monte Cristo Sandwiches. Bread, mesquite smoked turkey, Black Forest Ham, Smoked Gouda Cheese, eggs, bread and Dijon mustard. The sandwiches were served with Veggie Chips, a cutie, and a glass of milk. Voila dinner was served.
Monte Cristo Sandwich
4 slices of bread
4 slices Smoked Gouda cheese
2 slices Mesquite Smoked Turkey
2 slices Black Forest Ham
¼ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1. Spread mustard on 2 slices of bread.
2. Layer the 2 slices of bread with cheese, smoked turkey, Black Forest Ham, and cheese. Top with the remaining slice of bread.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
4. Melt the butter over medium- low in a skillet. Dip a sandwich in the egg mixture turning to coat the other side.
5.When the butter is foamy place the sandwich in the skillet. Brown the sandwich, about 3-4 minutes, turn and brown the other side.
6. Place sandwich on a plate and dust with powdered sugar. Serve.
Makes 2 sandwiches