Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

There's A Meal In My Kitchen:Monte Cristo Sandwiches

Yesterday, I got up extra early to get things done.  Then the phone rang.  After a long day I came home to a hungry family.  I rummaged through my fridge and pantry to see what I had.  My kids told me not to worry we could always go out.  I informed them I would find something.

After a few minutes, I had the fixings for Monte Cristo Sandwiches.  Bread, mesquite smoked turkey, Black Forest Ham, Smoked Gouda Cheese, eggs, bread and Dijon mustard.  The sandwiches were served with Veggie Chips, a cutie, and a glass of milk.  Voila dinner was served.







                                                      Monte Cristo Sandwich


Ingredients:

4 slices of bread
Dijon mustard
4 slices Smoked Gouda cheese
2 slices Mesquite Smoked Turkey
2 slices Black Forest Ham
2 eggs
¼ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
Confectioner’s sugar


Directions:

1. Spread mustard on 2 slices of bread.
2. Layer the 2 slices of bread with cheese, smoked turkey, Black Forest Ham, and cheese.  Top with the remaining slice of bread.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
4. Melt the butter over medium- low in a skillet.  Dip a sandwich in the egg mixture turning to coat the other side.
5.When the butter is foamy place the sandwich in the skillet.  Brown the sandwich, about 3-4 minutes, turn and brown the other side.
6. Place sandwich on a plate and dust with powdered sugar.  Serve.

Makes 2 sandwiches




No comments:

Post a Comment