|Maple Banana Bread|
Slow Cooker Maple Banana Bread
Adapted from Pillsbury
2 2/3 cups original all-purpose baking mix
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1-3 teaspoons milk
1. Grease bottom only of 3 1/2-4- quart round slow cooker with cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with 2 teaspoons of the baking mix.
2. In a large bowl, stir bananas, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, the vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir in remaining baking mix, the cinnamon, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the walnuts until well blended. Pour into slow cooker.
|Bananas, Sugar, Butter, Maple Syrup, Eggs, Vanilla|
|Remaining Ingredients Added To Banana Mixture|
|Poured into Slow Cooker|
3. Cover; cook on high heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker; uncover, and remove ceramic base from cooker to cooling rack. Let cool 15 minutes.
4. Loosen edge of bread with thin metal spatula. Remove bread from slow cooker to cooling rack. Cool 1 hour.
5. In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and consistency of thick syrup. If you need to thin, add more milk a teaspoon at a time. Drizzle over top of bread. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup of walnuts.
Makes 1 loaf