Pages

Friday, May 8, 2020

Cream Cheese Potato Soup

I felt like having a nice bowl of soup the other night.  I had some potatoes on hand so I set to work.  I cubed the tomatoes and cooked them in some chicken broth with some seasoning salt, white pepper, paprika, dried parsley, and a bay leaf.  I boiled the potatoes until they were soft.  The soup cooled for a while,  I removed the bay leaf;  with an immersion blender, I pureed the soup.  I returned the soup to the stove and stirred in the cream cheese until the cheese melted.

I ladled the soup in some bowls and topped with bacon and cheese.  Mmmmmm soup doesn't get much better.


Cream Cheese Potato Soup

Ingredients:
4 cups chicken broth
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 bay leaf
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into small chunks
Bacon crumbles
Grated Cheese


Directions:
1. In a Dutch oven combine broth, spices, bay leaf, and potatoes.
2. Boil on medium heat until the potatoes are tender.
3. Remove the bay leaf and with an immersion blender puree the potatoes.
4. Add the cream cheese and stir until cheese melts.  Taste and season if necessary.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with bacon and cheese if desired. 

Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment