Pages

Friday, May 1, 2020

Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread

Moist, creamy texture, and delicious are just a few ways I would describe this bread.  I have always loved a good strawberry bread.  When I saw this recipe as I was searching the web, I knew I had to make it.   Strawberries and cream what a wonderful combination.

As this bread was baking, the house smelled heavenly.  I couldn't wait to try the bread.    The aroma did not disappoint.  The bread was delicious.  A moist creamy bread with strawberries and the sweet crunch of pecans with a hint of cinnamon.  The recipe called for walnuts, but I did not have any so I used pecans instead.

A great bread to add to your baking list.



Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread
From Taste of Home


Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
2. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
3. Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.





No comments:

Post a Comment